There is a lady in the church that I grew up in that would have huge dinner parties. One of the recipes that she would make were these stuffed shells — but not with the meat.
My mom got the recipe and added the ground beef to the recipe as we always had to double or triple the recipe. I absolutely love this recipe. I try not to make it too often as I eat way too many of the shells.
I always make the recipe with cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese. Our family loves cottage cheese, so they love it in the shells. Since I don’t buy ricotta cheese that much, they don’t love the taste of the ricotta cheese; however if your family loves ricotta cheese, you’ll probably want to use ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese.
I love how the recipe can be made up the night before and thrown in the oven the next day. For some big parties, I need recipes like that!
Grab the recipe for Stuffed Florentine Shells!
Stuffed Shells Florentine
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese which is what I use)
- 1 cup shredded m0zzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 – 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, cooked, well drained
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 jumbo shells (macaroni) cooked
- Combine all of the above ingredients except the shells.
- Fill the cooked shells with the mixture.
- Place shells in a 12 x 8 baking dish (greased) that has a layer of spaghetti sauce spread on the bottom. Place shells filled side up.
- Drizzle more spaghetti over shells. Cover with foil. Bake at 350* for 35 minutes or until hot.
- For 24 shells, add 1 pound cooked, drained ground beef to mixture before filling the shells and place in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- For 36 shells, double the spinach, add 1 pound of ground beef, and triple the rest of the ingredients.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.