In just a few days, we’ll be into April. This has been a busy month, and it doesn’t promise to be any slower in April.
Here are my three main goals for the year:
- Spiritually: Read my Bible every day.
- Start exercising at least 2 times a week.
- Create good habits.
- I am still doing okay with devotions. I missed two days of my devotions on the days I was up in Michigan (again). My goal for April is to become still and quiet during my devotional time.
- I did better on exercising this month. It would be hard to do worse though. It helped that it was nicer for a couple of the weeks. The past week, I have not been able to exercise. After Easter, I want to exercise at least two times a week again.
- In March, I wanted to be in bed by midnight and up by 6:30 pm. I did better on this too. Some nights I went to bed by 10 pm and woke up at 5 am. This is my goal for April too.
Continuing/new goals for April:
- Have each of the older three girls (at least the oldest two) wash dishes once a week.
- Make the older children consistently pack their own lunches.
- Finish Karis’s quilt.
- Get a few other sewing projects completed.
- I am in a decluttering/spring cleaning craze, and it’s about time–my goal is to continue to pack up unneeded items for a garage sale.
Here are a few of blogging goals for this month:
- Average 15,000 pageviews a month. I had a post that did great in March, and my average was over 20,000 page views for the month, but now I am down again to where I will drop back down to 15,000 pageviews unless I have a post that does great again.
- Get my recipe menu/navigation bar updated.
- Get 6 contributor posts done.
New to me!
I am in love with my Google Calendar. Some people use an editorial calendar, but I just use the google calendar. I have a personal calendar and a blogging calendar, and I can combine them if I need to see everything. I schedule reminder emails so I don’t forget certain appointments. I also love the “tasks” section that I utilize when life is really crazy.
I have my personal calendar set to be highlighted in blue, and my blogging calendar to be highlighted in green. I started using the color yellow for all my guest posts, so it is easy to see when my guest posts are scheduled.
I was at my daughter’s orthodontist appointment and I needed to see when I could schedule her next appointment. I pulled out my new-to-me smart phone, and found out that I could use a google calendar app. Duh! I love it!
What kind of calendar do you use?
Do you blog about your goals?
If you would like to be part of our blogging goals group, then you can ask to join the Facebook group HERE. A group of bloggers all provide the link-up starting on the last Friday of every month (some do it later in the month than that day), and it remains open most of the month!