Next week, I am starting a book study with the ladies in my church. We are doing the book Lies Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. There is an updated version, but we had many copies of the 2006 version, so that is what we are using.
The whole premise is that Satan is a master deceiver, and we have bought into his lies; but if we turn to God’s truth, His truth can set us free.
The companion guide’s first verse that Nancy asks us to consider is John 10:10:
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
I want to have that abundant life!
To have that abundant life, we have to stay centered and focused on God’s truth and not the lies our world and culture that is Satan’s playground would like us to believe.
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:31-32
I want to know the truth! I want to be set free!
We must then “continue in” His Word so that we know His truth!
Here are some verses that talk about the true nature and the deception of Satan:
- Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8:44
- In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:4
- And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14
- Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:11-12
- Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: I Peter 5:8
“Satan promises the best, but pays with the worst; he promises honor, and pays with disgrace; he promises pleasure, and pays with pain; he promises with profit, and pays with loss; he promises life, and pays with death.” Thomas Brooks
But we have the truth! God is truth!!
- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:5
- God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Numbers 23:19
- That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Hebrews 6:18
- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14
- But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation. Jeremiah 10:10
- In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; Titus 1:2
- And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20
- He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. John 3:33
We don’t need to fall to Satan’s lies! God is greater than Satan. He will overcome in the end, and we can overcome in this world if we hide the truth in our hearts. God has said:
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. I John 4:4
How do we not fall prey to Satan’s lies?
Get into God’s Word! Study it!! Ask God to guide you into all truth!
- For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth. Psalm 33:4
- Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:17
- Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
- Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalm 119:160
- Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm 86:11
- Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. John 16:13
These verses and thoughts go along with the Introduction and Chapter 1 in the Lies Women Believe Book. If you would like a handout that I used for the Introduction and Chapter 1, CLICK HERE. Next week, I will hopefully share what I learned in Chapter 2.
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.