A couple of weeks before Christmas, I wrote the first post about the name of God, Jehovah-mekoddishkem which means “The Lord Who Sanctifies You.” I really enjoyed studying this name of God. I think sometimes the fact that God expects us to be holy and to live a separate and sanctified life is overlooked. I also know that I need God’s help in His work of sanctification in my life. It is an ongoing process.
This name of God is not talking about His saving power. That is a one-time event. It is talking about our daily process of growing to be more Christ-like after we are saved.
So how does the name Jehovah-mekoddishkem apply to our everyday lives?
It is God who sanctifies us. We can only be sanctified through Jesus. We have no power to be holy on our own.
- Whereby are given unto us: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Peter 1:4
- But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Rom. 8:9
- But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 1 Corinthians 1:30
God sets us apart as a chosen people, a royal priesthood, holy unto God, a people of His own.
- But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; I Peter 2:9
- “Holiness is not an option; it is a requirement!” Kay Arthur
Our daily sanctification and growth comes from being in God’s Word.
- Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:17
As the Lord Who Sanctifies, He has the right to demand loyalty and commitment from His people.
- But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. I Peter 1:15-16
As God sanctified Israel, so He sanctifies the church.
- By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Hebr. 10:10-14
You can print out a sheet for your own study or for a group study HERE. You can print out the graphic HERE.
Here are all the other posts on the names of God:
- Names of God (List of books I used to study for this series)
- Elohim, The Creator God (free printables)
- El Elyon, The God Most High (free printables)
- El-Roi, The God Who Sees (free printables)
- El-Shaddai, The All-Sufficient One (free printables)
- Adonai, The Lord (free printables)
- Jehovah, The Self-Existent One, Part 1
- Jehovah, The Self-Existent One, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Will Provide, Part 1
- Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Will Provide, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 1
- Jehovah Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 2
- Jehovah Rapha: The Lord Who Heals, Part 3 (free printables)
- Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner, Part 1
- Jehovah Nissi: The Lord My Banner, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Sanctifies You, Part 1
- Jehovah-mekoddishkem: The Lord Who Sanctifies You, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Shalom: The Lord Is Peace, Part 1
- Jehovah-Shalom: The Lord is Peace, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts, Part 1
- Jehovah-Sabaoth: The Lord of Hosts, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah Raah: The Lord is My Shepherd, Part 1
- Jehovah Raah: The Lord is My Shepherd, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness, Part 1
- Jehovah-Tsidkenu: The Lord our Righteousness, Part 2 (free printables)
- Jehovah-Shammah: The Lord is There, Part 1
- Jehovah-Shammah: The Lord is There, Part 2
- Jehovah-Shammah: The Lord is There, Part 3 (free printables)
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.