I took pictures of making our family’s “homemade” ice cream almost a year ago–but never posted it as it got cold. Now that the weather is warm, ice cream and popsicles are one of our favorite food groups once again. [Read more…]
Thankful Thoughts (numbering continues from the week before):
27. Even though I don’t have time to read much anymore, I am thankful for books. Growing up, reading books was my stress reliever. I was a Type A personality when it came to grades. I wanted A’s in everything, and I would get stomach aches with stress. But once I picked up a good book and read it for a while, the stomach would become unclenched, and everything would be fine again! [Read more…]
I needed a fast and easy post to put up for today’s party, and so I turned to this fast and easy casserole to make!
We grew up eating casseroles. When I hear of those who won’t eat casseroles, I am always amazed. My mom could stretch a buck probably more than anyone I know! For a few years, her budget was $25 a week — for everything. Laundry detergent, tissue paper, food, clothes. You name it; the $25 had to cover it. And she did it!
She would cook a chicken every other Sunday, and that week we had chicken dumplings, soup with chicken stock, and always a casserole. To this day, my older sister and I still don’t like chicken dumplings. 🙂 But we like everything else! [Read more…]
25. I’m thankful I started this linky! Last week, we expanded the party, and as I went and skimmed all the posts, I was so blessed. There were so many great posts, and I will share three of them later in this post.
26. I’m thankful for the parenting class I was in this past semester. We have Bible Institute classes at my church on Wednesday nights, and my husband just taught a class on parenting covering the book, Shepherding a Child’s Heart. All the participants of the class got to know each other better. I will miss praying with these ladies as the class is now over. [Read more…]
My mother-in-law is Vietnamese and makes the best egg rolls! The problem with her recipes is that she has no recipe. She just does them. So I have learned how to do them a lot like hers, but I don’t have an exact recipe either! But I will do my best to tell you how we make them.
This is one of the food items my mother requested for her Mother’s Day meal, so I wrapped them the night before and put plastic wrap between the egg rolls so that they did not stick together. The next day, we fried them. You also can freeze them before you fry them. [Read more…]
Here are a couple of thankful thoughts from this past week:
23. I’m glad it is getting warmer. We went for a walk yesterday to feed the ducks. It’s great to get outside without coats and to think about planting –something. I need to go get some flowers tomorrow.
24. I’m thankful for all my co-hosts who are helping pin and comment. I’m also thankful as I have most of the posts for my co-hosts done for this month.. . . Now to get started on next month! [Read more…]
It’s time for change!
One thing I love about blogging is how bloggers are willing to help other bloggers!
Back in March, I knew I could not keep up the blogging pace I was doing, especially when my kids would be out of school. So I considered just dropping this post for the summer. That was when Chrystal from Yum Eating said she would help for the summer. So I have two co-hosts lined up for the entire summer. I now consider this to be an official “party”! So come link up your food posts every week, and they will get pinned to the Tasty Tuesdays board like always (even if I am not the one who is pinning or commenting)! I will continue to feature posts from time to time and pin some posts! [Read more…]
It has been a crazy, busy blogging week for me. The first of every month, I need to get a ton of blogging linky codes up for all my co-hosts, get contributor posts done, get my goals post done, and we are doing a Mother’s Day Blog Hop tomorrow. So I have not exercised or read at all this week!
I do have some news about Thoughtful Thursdays though!
For several years after my husband and I were married, I received some of Taste of Home’s magazines. This is one recipe that I found in those magazines that my husband loves. Probably because it has his favorite chips, Doritos, in it!
Now my kids have mixed reviews. Three of them really liked it, but my super-skinny and fussy daughter didn’t like it as she said it was “too spicy” and had “too much sour cream.” My three year old also didn’t want it, but right now she doesn’t like anything she doesn’t recognize. [Read more…]
So, Creative K Kids keeps going down. Which means that I am switching hosting companies. Hopfully soon. So that has slowed me down blogging, and if you can’t get to my site, you’ll know why.
With my daughter and I being in the Easter passion play, my goal of survival was met this month. There were hardly any other goals met though!
So I decided just to make new goals for this month, and then I want to totally revamp my goals for the summer at the end of May. I know with my oldest girls being home that I will want to focus on different priorities. [Read more…]