Did you host Thanksgiving at your house this year?
We have had Thanksgiving with friends for the past four years, and before that, we had Thanksgiving with our family. I have never had to host Thanksgiving dinner. I did make 4 pies, cookies, rolls, and 3 kinds of breads this year, so I did my part!
If you hosted Thanksgiving dinner, you might have a lot of leftovers! Turkey can be used in so many ways. If you froze it, here are four recipes you may want to try.
- Crispy Scattered Stuffing, Shredded Turkey with Red Peppers and Garlic Over Spaghetti
- Creamy Dijon Linguine with Green Beans Almandine and Shredded Turkey
- Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce, Turkey & Cranberries
- Leftover Turkey Stroganoff with Mushrooms & Cranberries
You could find any of the recipes by clicking on the links above. The recipe I would be most interested in making would be the Leftover Turkey Stroganoff with Mushrooms & Cranberries.
Pasta dish made with leftover Thanksgiving foods
- 9 oz. wide egg noodles
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 6 Tbsp dry white wine
- 6 Tbsp. dried cranberries (preferably unsweetened)
- 3 cups shredded cooked white and dark meat turkey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 12 oz. reduced fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
Drain and reserve. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and sauté the onions and mushrooms until softened and starting to brown (about 8 minutes).
Deglaze the pan with the white wine, and add the cranberries. Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated (about 2 minutes).
Stir in the turkey, Dijon mustard, and sour cream. Remove from heat.
Adjust seasoning to taste. Divide the noodles between 6 bowls and top with stroganoff mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
All of these recipes were shared from Pasta Fits.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.