For several years after my husband and I were married, I received some of Taste of Home’s magazines. This is one recipe that I found in those magazines that my husband loves. Probably because it has his favorite chips, Doritos, in it!
Now my kids have mixed reviews. Three of them really liked it, but my super-skinny and fussy daughter didn’t like it as she said it was “too spicy” and had “too much sour cream.” My three year old also didn’t want it, but right now she doesn’t like anything she doesn’t recognize.
This recipe is not the healthiest of recipes, but it is fun to make every once and a while; and it is easy to make!
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tube 8 ounces refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips divided
- 1 cup 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup 4 ounces shredded Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Unroll crescent dough; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
Sprinkle 1 cup chips over crust.
Top with meat mixture.
Carefully spread sour cream over meat mixture.
Sprinkle with cheese and remaining chips.
Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings
Adapted from Taste of Home.
If you would like to link up to 3 of your old or new recipes, please feel free to do so! I just have two requests for this linky!
- Please follow me (either by receiving emails of my posts–you can sign up over on the left sidebar, following me on facebook, or by following me on pinterest.)
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, I will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. If you want to, you could follow it to see great food recipes!
- If I have a real busy week and can’t post a recipe, I’ll feature some of you! By linking up, you agree to let me use your pictures and links in future feature recipe posts. Your photo may also be used for promotion on all of my social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Thanks for linking up!
‘); // ]]>