Two weeks in a row I am sharing our memories! I really want to get caught up!
Today I am sharing memories from this past April, so I am still 5 months behind, but we are getting there! Many of our pictures in April revolved around our week off of school for Spring Break. We stayed home for Spring Break, but we had some fun stay-cation experiences.
We went to a local park for a picnic lunch. It has some pathways that go close to the edge of a lake. From where we were walking, we saw many small alligators and snakes. They were far below us and we had barriers between us and the water, so we felt really safe. It was a neat experience!
The weekend before Spring Break, we went to a local library that we hadn’t been to yet, and it had a fun park next to it. The kids enjoyed playing as well as checking out some reading material.
One of our big traditions is coloring Easter eggs. We included some friends of ours this past year to join us. We also were able to take some decent Easter pictures, and I loved the picture of Kiley sitting on our sidewalk behind the “Happy Easter” chalk decoration one of the older girls drew.
Here are a few more miscellaneous pictures.
- The top picture is Dave doing chapel with the kids at school.
- What is spring in Florida without going to the beach? The beach is very nice in April.
- We taught some of the girls’ friends — and our own kids — how to play the game of Pit (so much fun!)
- The older girls are really growing up!
- We also visited our “adopted grandma’s” house to go swimming and play with her puppy.
As I look back on all of the pictures, I love how we had a wonderful time as a family, yet none of the activities were costly. They almost all were free. No matter your budget, there are always ways to have fun as a family!