Thank you so much for stopping by, visiting our blog, and learning more about us!
We are the Creative K Kids! My husband and I have 4 girls whose names all start with the letter K. The girls and I like to do crafts and cook together, so we thought we would call ourselves the Creative K Kids. There is also one boy thrown into the mix who also cooks and does many of the crafts as well. We are very thankful for all of our children.
I am Tammy, the mommy of the Creative K Kids, and the main writer of the blog. My husband of almost 18 years is my biggest supporter and the love of my life. I am so thankful for him.
We started the blog back in March of 2013 due to the encouragement of my oldest daughter and my sister. My daughter likes to write and thought it would be fun for us to do a blog. My sister lives overseas and wanted us to start a blog to stay in touch with her.
We had no idea what we were doing even though I read and researched a little before starting the blog. My daughter started writing book reviews; I started doing everything else. After time, my daughter’s interest in writing for the blog waned as I had predicted, but I was starting to love writing more and more! I could see much value in continuing the blog. So I figured, if I am going to do it, why not do the best blog I can do–as long as I do not jeopardize my commitment to my God and my family. Oh, that is a hard thing to do sometimes as a blog can take a lot of time!
So we have have morphed, and changed, and grown–hopefully all for the better. We are not doing everything we started out doing, but we are settling more into our niche and discovering more what we are cut out to do. Right now, this is what our blog looks like (most of the time :)).
- I have just started to add seasonal craft round-ups and recipe round-ups so that you can find cute ideas of fun activities to do with your kids or your class if you are a teacher. I hope this makes your life easier! (Started in 2017.)
- I love to cook, and it seems like I am cooking all the time with 5 children! I was born into a heritage of women who can cook delicious and homemade recipes. Every Tuesday, I share a recipe for Tasty Tuesdays. You can find my recipes on my menu bar under Recipes or Freezer Recipes. There is also a food linky attached where you can link up your posts or look for some great recipes.
- On Thursdays, I write about my thoughts ranging from my Thankful Thoughts to thoughts on what I am reading. It is my hope that they will inspire and encourage others.
- On Friday, I host a Pinterest Party that is a lot of fun for us bloggers.
- My family and friends that know me look forward to my Scattered Saturday posts. I do one or two posts a month of our activities that includes many pictures. I do this to stay in touch with my scattered family, especially my sister overseas who has her own awesome blog to stay in touch with us. I also do it to preserve the memories of what our family is doing together. My desire is that my children will be able to come back at a later time and read these posts and remember all the fun and togetherness they had and know that they have a family that loves them very much.
- I have also started to make some printables that our family can use. I am thankful that other people can get some use out of them too!
- I also do sponsored posts and affiliate posts of products that I think my readers may enjoy. It is one way that I support this blog.
So that is what Creative K Kids is about! When we started the blog, I was doing Make-it Mondays (you can find my craft posts under Crafts on the Menu bar), Wordy Wednesdays, and Thrifty Thursdays. I do not do those on a weekly basis anymore; however, if we make a craft together, I will still post about it. I have my Pinterest boards full of things I want to do–when I get the time! If I have a thrifty fun activity for children, of course I will share it!
Thank you for coming by and learning about us! We pray that we can be a help to you and that you will enjoy reading our blog. You can sign up for emails where all my blog posts will be delivered to your inbox, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+.
One of my favorite verses that I pray will be representative of this blog:
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.