These Rice Krispy spin-offs are one of my family’s favorite recipes for summer.
My mom has been making them for years; and I think she originally got the recipe from a Frosted Flakes cereal box, hence the name Tony Tiger’s Bites.
THEY’RE G…R…E…A….T! (Remember the Tony Tiger commercials :)).
They’re also very easy to make! And they are NOT gluten free. Pinterest has added that to my pins; but Pinterest is not always right. I’m sorry about that misinformation, but there is nothing I can do about it.
Just mix up the few ingredients and put it in a pan!
Melt the butter and marshmallows, remove from heat and add peanut butter.
Stir in the Frosted Flakes.
Pour mixture in a greased/buttered 13″ x 9″ pan.
Place waxed paper over the mixture and press it until it is flat and even.
When it is cool, cut into squares and eat!
- 10 ounces regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 7 1/2 cups or 10 ounce package Frosted Flakes cereal. (I use Aldi's cereal.)
- Melt together marshmallows and butter.
- After marshmallows and butter are melted, remove them from the heat.
- Add peanut butter.
- Once peanut butter is melted, add the cereal.
- Stir gently until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, press the mixture into a lightly greased 13" x 9" pan.
- This will make 32 bars if they are cut 1 1/2" x 2". (I cut mine bigger.) They are 90 calories each for the size listed.