This year with my busy schedule, I have not had time to make any new recipes, much less any St. Patrick’s Day recipes.
Last year I shared this Friendship Cookie recipe that I used green baking chips in for St. Patrick’s Day:
If you want some St. Patrick’s Day Minute to Win It Games, you can get some ideas here plus the printables you need for those games:
And here is a historical post about the life of St. Patrick.
National Pasta Association sent me these three recipes that could be made for St. Patrick’s Day.
They look good enough for me to make all year round, but there is green in all of these recipes so they are perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Maybe corned beef and cabbage is not your thing, so try one of these recipes instead!
Enjoy these recipes and have a great St. Patrick’s Day!
- 4 cups/12 oz. cauliflower florets
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 4 oz. fusilli*
- 2 cups/2 oz. arugula
- 1 Tbsp./½ oz. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 cloves/¼ oz. garlic
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup/5 oz. frozen peas, thawed
- 4 tsp. grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place the cauliflower on a baking tray, toss to coat with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until softened and golden, turning half way through cooking (about 30 minutes in total).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fusilli according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- To make the pesto, place the arugula, lemon juice and zest, garlic and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse and scrape down sides as needed to puree. Add a tablespoon of warm water, or more, to help bring it together, if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the fusilli with the cauliflower, arugula pesto and peas. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Divide between four bowls and sprinkle with grated Parmigiano.
- 1 bag of frozen Tortellini (flavor of your choice)
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes (optional)
- ½ cup chopped cucumber (optional)
- ½ cup croutons
- 3 tbl. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Caesar dressing
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- Once cooled, combine lettuce, cooked tortellini, and optional vegetables. If not eating right away, reserve.
- Pour on dressing and sprinkle with cheese and croutons (to taste) and serve.
We are thankful for March’s co-host!
Melissa from The Happy Idiot will be sharing this party on her blog every Tuesday in March and also helping pin any recipes that are linked up past #125!
We would ask you to please follow her on one of her social medias!
Thank you, Melissa, for joining us in March to co-host this party.
If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
**If you would like to guest post here on Creative K Kids, I will need some help this summer as I move cross-country to Florida! Please go HERE for more information! Thanks so much.