Here are some random thoughts from this week:
- I’m glad I’m not in 6th grade. Watching some 6th graders this week and also seeing my oldest daughter’s last couple of years makes me very thankful that I am done with that stage of life.
- Every mom needs some quiet time. This year, my kids walk to school just steps away from our house at 8:20. I don’t have to be at school until 9:00. I work until about 12:00 p.m., and then I have a couple more hours usually to get things done before most of the kids arrive home at 3:00. Kiley is often with me in the afternoons, but I am loving having some quiet time again. I am a happier and calmer person when I get some quiet in my life.
- I am amazed once again by how God is so willing to forgive the sins I do every day. My husband preached on the prayer, “Increase my faith!” from Luke 17:1-6 last night. He shared how this passage in context is Jesus telling his disciples that they should continue to forgive an offender, even if he has to forgive him 7 times in one day. The apostles after hearing this teaching from Jesus said, “Lord, Increase our faith.”
Christ will give us the faith to do the difficult tasks He has called us to do if we ask Him too. But my husband brought out the fact that Christ does what He is calling us to do — every day. Every day, I fail in some ways. I sin — and probably a lot more than seven times each day. By thought or by deed, I fail in so many ways. Yet every time I confess my sins, God forgives me. What an incredible thought!
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Here are a few posts I enjoyed reading this past week from last week’s party:
- 4 Ways to Instill a Good Work Ethic in Kids from Joy in my Kitchen
- Talking About Children on Social Media from Perspicacity
- How to Help Your Teen Choose a Career Path from Embark on the Journey
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.