I have loved the guest posts this summer! This post has to be one of my favorites as I love brownies and ice cream! I will have to do this for some party. Go check out more of Kim’s great recipes on her blog, Baking for Blessings.
You can also guest post for me in in July or August by filling out this form HERE.
This past May, we celebrated my triplets 9th birthday. May begins a very busy birthday season in my home which includes three kid parties and one family party. This year, I let me kids each have their own kid birthday party. I decided to make them each their special themed cake for their individual party. As I was planning my trio’s family birthday party, I did not want to add a fourth fancy cake to my list of party duties to accomplish in a matter of weeks. May is such a busy month for us with birthdays, baseball, softball, end of the year activities, and the regular day to day responsibilities. I know I am not the only one who feels the May crunch! My kids love making brownie sundaes, so I came up with the idea to have brownie sundaes for their family birthday party, but really kick them up a notch with the ultimate brownie sundae bar! I chose my kiddos favorite ice cream flavors, and a few of their favorite treats to use as toppings. Putting together an ultimate brownie sundae bar is quick and simple!
My ultimate brownie sundae bar included homemade chocolate chip cookies. I chopped some into cubes and left some whole.
It also included crushed Oreo cookies. I placed whole Oreo cookies in a zip top bag and let my kids go to town smashing them into crumbs.
There was also freshly whipped cream,
chocolate and vanilla ice cream,
sprinkles and chocolate sauce,
homemade mini vanilla bean donuts,
and of course, homemade delicious fudge brownies.
Everyone at the party enjoyed being able to build their own brownie sundae. It was fun to watch how the kids “designed” their own sundaes! They were so excited to see their favorite treats on the table as toppings for one of their favorite desserts. I just love using food and my baking skills to make people feel happy, loved, and special! The excitement and smiles on my kids faces was priceless!
To set up your own ultimate brownie sundae bar:
- Choose your favorite brownie recipe or store bought brownie. Click HERE to get my absolute favorite recipe for delicious, rich, fudge brownies.
- Next, choose your ice cream flavors. Any flavor would work wonderfully with brownies!
- Then, choose your toppings. Have fun with this part! The sky is the limit! After all, this is an ULTIMATE brownie sundae bar!!! I chose my kids favorite treats as toppings. *For my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe (and one of my most requested recipes of all time) click HERE. *For the mini baked vanilla bean donut recipe, click HERE. To bake the donuts in a mini donut pan, bake them for 4-6 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the donut comes out clean. *To make the fresh whipped cream, place 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, and 1-3 tablespoons (depending on your preference of sweetness) of sugar into a large bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. I made this the morning of the party, and kept it refrigerated until ready to serve. A few other topping ideas are: mini marshmallows, candies, chocolate chips, caramel sauce, fruit puree, crushed vanilla wafers, pirouette cookies, mini waffles, pizzelle cookies, etc.
- Set up your table. I chose to use bowls to serve the brownie sundaes in, but plates would work as well. Have fun displaying all of your wonderful items and toppings for your ultimate brownie sundae bar. You can include cute labels for each topping if desired to make your table come together and look cute and pretty!
I would love to see what you come up with when you create your own brownie sundae bar! Please stop my blog at www.bakingforblessings.com. If you follow me on Facebook or instagram, take a photo of your ultimate brownie sundae bar and tag me so I can see your wonderful creations!!
Bake and Share Ideas:
- Do an Ultimate Brownie Sundae Bar for your next gathering such as a birthday party, baby shower, wedding shower, BBQ, or fourth of July. Choose toppings that the guest of honor loves or that fits with the theme of your gathering.
- Invite friends and neighbors over for an Ultimate Brownie Sundae Bar. You provide the brownies and ice cream and ask each family to bring their favorite topping to share.
- Have a family movie night and enjoy an ultimate brownie sundae bar with your movie. Choose toppings that coincide with the movie you are watching or you can use movie theater candy and popcorn as toppings!
Go visit Kim at her blog, Baking for Blessings for more great recipes! You can also follow her on social media here:
Here’s more about Kim:
Hi, my name is Kim. I am absolutely obsessed with baking! I love to find any reason possible to bake. I always bake with a purpose; to bless others! I have found that sharing my love of baking with others, in the form of freshly baked treats, gives not only the people I share my treats with joy, but it also gives me great joy as well. Whether its a friend who is having a bad day, a neighbor who just had a baby, someone dealing with the loss of a loved one, to say thank, to make a teacher, friend, or family member feel extra special, I always go straight to baking to brighten up someones day. It is my goal to inspire you to reach out to others around you, to make someone smile, to brighten someone’s day, and to develop deeper relationships with friends, family, and neighbors one pastry at a time! I also want to inspire you to use whatever talent you have been given, be it baking or something else, to reach out to others and to spread kindness using the gifts and talents that you have. Lets make this world a better place!!!
I absolutely love baking for the 4 greatest blessings in my life, my husband and three kids. I am a stay at home mom to triplets! They are my inspiration to help make the world a happier place. They love to get in the kitchen with me and help whisk, mix, roll, and decorate. Besides baking, I enjoy spending lots of time with my family and friends, exercising, reading, and crafting.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.