Heather is our guest blogger today from Divas Run for Bling. It’s been a pleasure for me to get to know her this past year. She has co-hosted a party with me, and she was a great co-host who faithfully pinned and commented posts that linked up to the party. I love how Heather has a mission to stay healthy and it shows in the way she exercises and strives to eat healthy foods. The recipe below is very easy, yet it looks beautiful! I think I will make it this Fourth of July. I would love it if you went to Heather’s blog and checked it out!
Hi everyone! I am Heather from over at Divas Run for Bling and am super excited to be guest posting here today. My blog is all about how it is possible to live a fit and healthy lifestyle even when we lead busy lives – including easy healthy recipes which I share a couple of times a week. So today I am sharing a new healthy recipe that is perfect for the upcoming 4th of July holiday – my red, white and blueberry trifle.
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love the barbecues and time spent with family, and of course, the red, white and blue desserts. (I just love Tammy’s Patriotic Sugar Cookie recipe.) I prepare this particular trifle several times a year, especially the patriotic holidays such as the 4th of July. It is always a hit and it is so easy to make which makes it even better!
The trifle contains only 4 ingredients: angel food cake mix, strawberries, blueberries and sugar free whipped topping. You start by preparing the angel food cake as the box suggests. Then it’s as easy as layering half the cake, strawberries, the other half of the cake, blueberries and whipped topping. When it’s done, you have a healthy dessert that is perfect for your party – no matter how many people show up.
Heather is a runner, blogger, wife and mommy to 3 “fur babies” living in Chattanooga, TN. She blogs at Divas Run for Bling where she shares her journey to live a fit and healthy lifestyle in the midst of her busy life. Topics include her running and fitness training and tips, healthy eating tips, green living tips, healthy living tips and, her favorite, easy healthy recipes. When she is not running or blogging, you can probably find her in the kitchen trying to figure out how to make her favorite recipes healthier.
Cate from Random Crafty Georgia Girl and Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas is joining Danielle from Creatively Homespun and Ashley from Forgetful Momma to be our co-hosts for June! Tammy from Creative K Kids is the host. Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.