I love Dr. Seuss books. My ultimate favorite book is The Sneetches and Other Stories because it includes “What Was I Scared Of?” My dad will read this to all the kids every year on vacation, and the adults love to hear him read it as much as the kids do.
Last year, when I taught Kindergarten, we celebrated Dr. Seuss’s birthday with a special breakfast and by making a Dr. Seuss hat. Hopefully, I’ll show you how I made you the hat this week, but here are the easy food items we did for our Dr. Seuss breakfast:
Green Eggs and Ham
Color scrambled eggs with green food coloring or add spinach. Add ham.
Dr. Seuss Hat
Separate an Oreo cookie in half. Cut a banana and strawberry up into slices. Place a slice of banana on top of the Oreo cookie, then a slice of strawberry. Repeat two more layers ending up with the small end of the strawberry on the top. I gave the kids in my class the cookie and slices of strawberries and bananas and let them build their own hat. That is why this hat does not look professional, and my cheap phone did not take the best pictures; however, they had a great day!
Have a happy Dr. Seuss birthday celebration this March 2nd!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.