Today’s yummy post is from Chellie who blogs at Art from My Table. It has been hot and humid where I live, and these look to be the perfect homemade treat!
I love home made lemonade. Sure, lemonade in general is good, but there’s just nothing quite like the real thing. This frozen raspberry lemonade push pop is super refreshing! Tart, sweet, summery goodness! The kids will love it and so will you!
I was trying to think of a fun summer treat for my kids that wasn’t too loaded with sugar and was all natural. We have a raspberry bush that is growing in our back yard. There’s not enough to make jam, but we have been getting a lot of berries from it. That’s partly where my inspiration came from for this treat.
First you want to make a simple syrup. To do this, take 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water, heat that over medium low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Then place it in the fridge to cool.
While that’s chilling, you can get the rest of your recipe going.
Juice your lemons, you’ll need 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can pour this through a fine mesh strainer if you want less texture. Pulp or no pulp? Now it’s time to puree your raspberries. Put 1 pint of berries in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. I also run this through the fine mesh strainer to eliminate raspberry seeds. Some might sneak through, but you’ll catch most of them.
Once your syrup is cooled, combine it with the lemon juice and the raspberry puree. Then add 3 cups of cold water and stir well.
Now it’s time to taste it! Be careful!!! You just might drink it all. 🙂 This where you can make any adjustments if you desire. Too sweet? Add more lemon juice. Too tart? Add more sugar. Too strong? Add more water. Once you have it exactly the way you like it, pour it into the push pop molds and add a few fresh raspberries. I’ve had my molds for a long time, but I’m sure you can find them online if not locally. Pop’em in the freezer till frozen.
Then, the best part… Enjoy!
Chellie is passionate about real food, gathering around the table, celebrating and turning the ordinary into extraordinary. She resides in Michigan with her husband of 13 years and 4 beautiful children. She enjoys home educating her children, coffee, books, and of course cooking.
You can find more of Chellie’s delicious recipes on her blog, Art from My Table, as well as read about her wonderful passion for her blog and meet her beautiful family.
You also can follow her on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Google+.
Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Maria at Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, and Audrey at That Recipe will be our co-hosts for July. Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.