Every year, I make pumpkin bread in the fall.
It’s just something that has to be made at this time of year! So yesterday, I finally made it! I love this recipe as it makes a lot of bread! I make mini-loaves for the girls’ teachers, and this recipe makes enough for all of the teachers, plus some for us! I made 5 mini-loaves and one skimpy 8″ x 4″ pan.
The recipe is very easy to make!
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- 2/3 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Grease 2--9" x 5" or 3--8" x 4" pans. (Or 4 mini-loaf pans--mine were 5.75" x 3")
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Stir in eggs, pumpkin, and water.
- Blend in flour, soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake about 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For my small pans, it was about 40 minutes until the toothpick could come out clean.