I received a copy of the cookbook Dessert Mashups: Tasty Two-in-One Treats Including Sconuts, S’morescake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie and Many More to review, and it has been my favorite cookbook to review ever for Creative K Kids! These opinions are definitely my own!
I am a dessert enthusiast and sometimes it is hard for me to find new dessert recipes that I know I will like. I definitely don’t want to buy many dessert cookbooks as there may be a few great recipes, but most of the recipes I would never make.
However, when I started reading the titles of the recipes in Dessert Mashups, I knew this book was a winner! Listen to some of the titles:
- Carrot Cake Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Chip Monkey Bread Muffins
- Lemon Meringue Fudge
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Turtle Pudding Pie
- Strawberry Pie Cupcakes
- Tiramisu Dip
- Cheesecake Football Dip
- and a ton more . . .
I really think that I want to make every recipe! I already have made two of them, and I loved them both. This book is not helping me with my goal to lose weight!
The author of Dessert Mashups is Dorothy Kern. Dorothy is a food blogger at Crazy for Crust and has compiled this brand-new, hard-cover, beautiful dessert cookbook where all the recipes are two-in-one treats (such as Brookies: brownies + cookies!)
After seeing her cookbook, I went and scoured her website, and I am a new follower. Her recipes are divine; her photographs are amazing; and her informational posts like this one are crammed full of helpful tips. Think I’m gushing? You go check it out!
I am able to give away 3 of her books to my readers! You can enter the giveaway at the bottom of the post. First, though, I want to share just one of her recipes from the book. You have to buy the book to get the rest!
I tried out the Peanut Butter Brookies as my husband loves peanut butter in desserts. It was fairly simple to make, it was easy to cut and remove from the pan, and it was gone in a couple of days!
Directions for making Peanut Butter Brookies:
- Combine 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, and 1 large egg.
- Press into the bottom of a 13″ x 9″ pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (I used my clean hands.)
- Melt 2 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate, 2 ounces of semisweet baking chocolate, and 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) of butter in the microwave, stirring frequently until mixture is melted and smooth. Add 1 3/4 cup sugar, 3 large eggs, 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract, and 1 cup flour.
- Pour the batter on top of the peanut butter cookie crust and carefully spread it over the bottom layer.
- Bake for 32-38 minutes until the top is slightly cracked around the edges.
- Cool completely in pan then slice into bars.
I want to try making this with a store-bought brownie mix on the top for an easy dessert to take someplace!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare a 13" x 9" pan by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Stir together the peanut butter cookie ingredients. Press into the bottom of the pan. (Dough will be thin.)
- Melt the chocolates and butter together in the microwave. You can chop up if the chocolates if desired. Melt for 30 seconds at a time on high, stirring at the end of every 30 seconds. When the mixture is melted and smooth, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the pan and carefully spread over the cookie crust.
- Bake for 32-38 minutes, until the top is no longer glossy and is slightly cracked around the edges.
- Cool completely in the pan, and then slice into bars.
Enter to win your own copy! There will be 3 winners. You must live in the United States to enter this giveaway. I will email the winners, and they will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner will be chosen. Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of the prize.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This month Sydney from Tastefully Frugal and Audrey from That Recipe are the co-hosts of this party!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
You can also link up to the Twitter Tuesdays Linky Party to get more followers on Twitter today!