Hi! I’m Melissa from The Happy Idiot, and I’m so glad to be a guest host for the day here at Creative Kids.
One of my favorite time wasting websites is BuzzFeed. Every time I go there for one article, I always wind up reading three or four because they keep catching my eye. I love finding new recipes there, though some of them occasionally sound pretty bizarre to me. A few months ago, I saw one that I was really, really skeptical of:
Two Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
Just and ice cream and flour?
I couldn’t imagine that this would actually work. I make bread a lot, and I’d never heard of any kind of sweet bread not needing eggs or at the very least, yeast. I thought it was a joke until I started to Google it. I couldn’t believe how many recipes there were, just combining melted ice cream and flour. So, I decided I needed to tweak this recipe for myself.
You won’t hear me say this a lot, but I was WRONG. I can’t believe how far a little ice cream and flour will take you. The outside has a light crispness to it, and the inside is very rich and very moist. The taste is wonderful – it’s creamy and lightly sweet and just amazing served warm.
I decided to create a bread that showcased my favorite additions to an ice cream sundae – chocolate, cherries, and sprinkles. It’s sweet, chocolate-y and just a wonderful treat. Plus, a small serving of it will fill you up nicely. It’s very rich!
This is how I typically want an ice cream sundae – vanilla ice cream with chocolate, cherries, and a lot of sprinkles.
But really, you could use ANY kind of ice cream. The only thing you must be sure of is that you are using whole milk ice cream, not low-fat or skim, and ensuring that it is not a ‘frozen dairy dessert’ (like Breyer’s Blasts). It’s really important that the bread has the milk and cream.
The best thing about this recipe is that there’s really no wrong way to make it. (Okay, I take that back – if you set it on fire or throw it on the floor that might be considered the wrong way. But other than that – you’re good!) Any flavor of ice cream would work. The combinations are endless – here are a few of my ideas:
- Chocolate ice cream with hazelnuts and Nutella
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream with Oreos
- Strawberry ice cream with bananas, peanuts and chocolate
- ANYTHING Ben and Jerry’s – they practically add the kitchen sink for you, and it’s already measured out in a pint.
I hope you enjoy this new twist on a classic dessert. Thanks so much to Tammy for letting me come by and hang out with all of you. Come on over to The Happy Idiot and see me again sometime!
More about Melissa:
I’m Melissa from The Happy Idiot. I work in the law, live on the farmlands, and spend my free time crafting, baking, and budgeting. The possibilities are endless for a happy idiot.
You can also find me here:
If you would like to guest post here on Creative K Kids in July or August (or September), please fill out this form HERE.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.