My kids love macaroni and cheese–like most kids do. But they really love the shells and cheese type of macaroni and cheese. I have bought the Velveeta/Kraft versions before, but was hoping I could find a homemade version of the boxed kind.
I have tried many kinds where you make the sauce with butter, flour, milk and grated cheese on top of the stove and add it to the noodles, but those did not usually thrill my kids. Then a few years ago, I was at a graduation party and tasted some macaroni and cheese that was delicious! I asked the hostess how she prepared it, and I was amazed at how easy the recipe was.
All she did was:
- She cooked the noodles.
- Then she put half of the noodles in a casserole dish.
- She layed sliced Velveeta cheese on top of the noodles with a few slices of butter.
- Then she repeated the layers.
- She poured a little milk on top of the noodles.
- If you want a richer flavor, you could also sprinkle some sharp Cheddar cheese on top of the layers.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and viola! You have homemade macaroni and cheese!
If you would like to link up to 3 of your old or new recipes, please feel free to do so! Last week, we had our highest link-up with 27 food link-ups! I have two requests for this linky!
- Please follow me (either by receiving emails of my posts–you can sign up over on the left sidebar, following me on facebook, or by following me on pinterest.)
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- If you would like to link this recipe up to another linky where you will get pinned–and you have the chance of being a co-host, go link up to our Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party that is live right now!
- As a thank-you for linking up, I will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. If you want to, you could follow it to see great food recipes!
- If I have a real busy week and can’t post a recipe, I’ll feature some of you! By linking up, you agree to let me use your pictures and links in future feature recipe posts. Your photo may also be used for promotion on all of my social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.