I took pictures of making our family’s “homemade” ice cream almost a year ago–but never posted it as it got cold. Now that the weather is warm, ice cream and popsicles are one of our favorite food groups once again.
Our family’s “homemade” ice cream is not really homemade. There is no churning and fancy ice cream makers. We use already made ingredients–but we mix them all together, so we call it homemade. It is an easy way to have a special ice cream, and my family makes it every time we go on our family vacation to my grandma’s small town where there are only one or two grocery stores–and food is more expensive.
There are only three ingredients needed!
You can chop up a package (18 ounces) of Oreos, Nutter Butter cookies, mint cookies or one package of 8 fun size candy bars. We like to use Butterfinger, Snickers, or Milky Way candy bars best. For cookies, I use generic or Aldis’ version of Oreos. If you want a caramel flavored ice cream, just take caramel ice cream topping and swirl it into the ice cream or add it to the Snicker’s ice cream. There are many possibilities!
This month, Crystal from Yum Eating and Erlene from My Pinterventures are running this party on their blogs! Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts! Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy at Creative K Kids (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram **Chrystal at Yum Eating (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram **Erlene at My Pinterventures (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Please link up a food post you have never linked up at this party before.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Thanks for linking up!