Since I have gone back to work full-time, dinners in our house have been very kid-friendly, super simple, and often processed. Even though I have a freezer full of meat, I just have not had the energy to prepare dinners ahead of time. So when I get home at 5:30 (or later), dinner is not a gourmet, culinary experience.
Then I was introduced to Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seafood Dinners.
We love tilapia, but most of the tilapia that I buy needs to be defrosted: which I forget to do. Bumble Bee’s Tilapia dinners can be baked frozen! So it only takes 25 minutes to prepare naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality tilapia. It was super-easy to make too! There was no mess, and no fuss: both the salmon and tilapia come with their own parchment paper baking pouch. All you have to do is remove it from the sealed plastic pouch, place it in the included parchment paper baking pouch, place it in your baking dish, and bake it! No seasoning, no defrosting, and no worries! Also, because you prepare Bumble Bee SuperFresh® fish straight from the freezer, there isn’t any smell associated with thawing fish!
Since it only took 25 minutes to bake the tilapia, I had enough time to make a delicious side dish of rice pilaf. I started melting the butter in my skillet and browned the orzo pasta. While the orzo was browning, I chopped the onion in my food processor. I added that to the skillet, and cooked it for a minute while I chopped up the carrots and celery. I added all the veggies and garlic to the skillet and cooked it for another 3-4 minutes. Then I added the chicken broth and rice to the skillet. It will take the rice about 20 minutes to cook, and it should be done about the same time that the fish is done. I did add 1-2 teaspoons of chicken boullion powder to my finished rice dish to give it a little more flavor, but you could add different seasonings. I made a large amount of rice; it fed us for 2 days! You could easily cut the recipe in half.
It was the perfect, easy side dish for our gourmet tilapia, and it was completely ready in less than half an hour! Now my husband and I loved the fish; but our kids were not crazy about it. That’s fine with us! We’ll eat the gourmet food; they can have fish sticks.
You can get a coupon right now! Visit the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® website for a coupon so you can try these delicous SuperFresh® products for yourself!
Here are some of the different kinds of fish you can get from Bumble Bee SuperFresh® and their descriptions:
Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs
- What a difference fresh lemon makes! Combined with Extra Olive Oil, shallots, black pepper and other natural ingredients, our recipe brings out the clean, fresh flavor of premium tilapia.
Tilapia with Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Never has it been so easy and delicious to enjoy a delicious Premium Tilapia fillet! Bumble Bee SuperFresh®Tilapia has ground black pepper, fresh garlic, sea salt and extra olive oil – making every flaky bike fantastic!
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Slip the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil into its own parchment (included) and let your oven do the rest. You can even have it for lunch, it’s that easy – and delicious!
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garden Pesto
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garden Pesto is richly satisfying with Parmesan cheese, basil, almonds and a touch of garlic.
- The Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garden Pesto is so flavorful and has no preservatives and has all natural ingredients.
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna is the first ever sushi quality “Thaw and serve” packaged seafood product. It stays frozen during the processing and never fully defrosted or re-frozen during preparation, so we can guarantee our quality is on par with what you expect from fine chefs who know how to source the best product for their restaurants
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Ahi Tuna is a delicious treat with a side of soy sauce and wasabi, in a classic Nicoise Salad or served alongside your favorite seafood accompaniments.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party
Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen, Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Audrey from That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for October.
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.