Sometimes I will throw a dinner together for our Sunday meal using our crock-pot.
My easiest meal is to put some potatoes that are peeled, halved (or quartered), baby carrots on the bottom of the crock-pot. I then put chicken breasts on top of the carrots and potatoes and then liberally pour Italian dressing over everything in the crock-pot. I place the crock-pot on high and let it cook through church. (4-5 hours) It is so easy, and the Italian dressing gives the chicken and vegetables flavor.
Here’s a tip: I try to cook the potatoes and carrots in a pan until they are about half way done before putting them in the crock-pot. I have found many times my vegetables don’t get done if I don’t partially cook them first.
The last time I did a crock-pot meal, I found a different chicken meal in my Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook. (affiliate link) I varied it a little from what is in the book.
My kids and husband really enjoyed this recipe. It is perfect for this busy time of season. You can put it all in your crock-pot and then go do all the things you need to do!
Creative K Kids’ Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party
Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, , Audrey from That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for December!
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.