One day this past month, I had a couple of kids who weren’t feeling right. Their stomachs were a little upset, and I wanted an easy meal. I had some leftover chicken, and remembered how my mom had made Chicken a la King as a child, so I searched to find a recipe that included ingredients I already had.
I decided to make this recipe –without any of the vegetables. My kids really aren’t big veggie lovers, and they do better with vegetables on the side. I also substituted heavy whipping cream for the milk as I needed to use up some that I had. The cream made the sauce very thick and comforting. The family declared the recipe to be very good, and it was truly a “comfort food” for those who weren’t feeling up to par.
Here is how I made it:
The nice thing about this recipe is that your amounts don’t have to be exact. I doubled the recipe, but only had about 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream, so I used about 1/2 cup of milk and 2 cups of chicken broth. I also used only 3 cups of chicken even though the recipe was doubled.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.