In my house lately we have been on a Chex Mix kick.
I was able to snag some great deals on Chex cereals before Christmas, and my daughter has declared that she does not like most chips anymore. So every Saturday, she will make a batch of Chex Mix for her lunches for school. It’s great that she is old enough to make it all by herself!
So when Chex Mix asked if they could sponsor a post about a variation of Chex Mix, I was all over it! They even agreed to sponsor a giveaway for my readers!! It’s a win-win for everyone.
Since it is almost Easter, we had to do a Easter Chex Mix variation. We started with our standard version of Chex Mix as nothing can beat it! I love to make it in my big electric skillet as it only takes 15 minutes to cook, but you can also make it in your oven. The recipe I used is very similar to the Original Chex Party Mix. You can see the recipe I used HERE.
I added 1 cup of Easter M&M’s and about 1 cup of miniature marshmallows to the Chex Mix.
Then I popped 1/2 cup of popcorn in my hot air popper. I divided the popcorn between two big bowls. I melted one cup of white chocolate chips over low heat with a couple tablespoons of shortening. I added a few drops of pink food coloring until I got it to the desired color. I only had water based food coloring, but since I added shortening, the chocolate did not seize up. You could also use Wilton’s melting chocolates that are different colors.
Then I poured half of the chocolate over one bowl of the popcorn and mixed the popcorn up until it was coated with the chocolate. I did the same with the second bowl of popcorn. If you had a huge pan, you could mix it all up at one time, but I split it up so the popcorn would stay in the bowl as I mixed it. At the end, I took my clean hands and mixed the popcorn to make sure it was all coated.
While the chocolate was still wet, the kids took some Easter colored sprinkles and shook it all over the popcorn.
Our last step was to add the popcorn to the Chex Party Mix and the marshmallows and M & M’s. When all four items were mixed together, it was the perfect combination of a sweet and salty snack and it looked like the perfect snack for Easter!
Even my husband who is not too into very sweet desserts said that this combination was very good. His only suggestion was that it needed more peanuts.
Chex Mix has is giving away a $50 American Express gift card to one of my readers!
I’m so thankful for my two co-hosts who help me pin and comment every week, that I included their Twitter links below. Thank you to Chex also for sponsoring the giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of this prize. I will email the winner, and the winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email before a new winner is chosen. Winner must reside within the United States.
Ashley from Forgetful Momma is joining Audrey from That Recipe to be our co-hosts for March! Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.