It seems hard to believe that two weeks has already gone by! The biggest happening in the past two weeks is that Kiley turned 4.
We officially have no more babies.
I really say they are no longer a baby when they turn 3; however, four seems like even more of a big girl. I get sad and happy feelings all at the same time. There are many things that we can do now that we don’t have babies, and I definitely don’t miss the middle of the night feedings, diapers, or potty trainings. However, nobody gives hugs and kisses like a toddler! There’s something about those arms around your neck . . . .
But we are looking forward to no car seats and vacations where we can all ride bikes, go on long walks, and do things that are hard to do with a baby in tow. So we will look on the positive side of things!
Here are a few more pictures of her birthday. Grandpa came and helped us celebrate as Grandma was still on her way back from visiting Great-Grandma.
Here are a few other activities from our last two weeks:
- We prayed a lot for Great-Grandma (my grandma), and my mom and sister’s family went to see how she was doing. She perked up a lot after seeing my mom, but she needs to re-learn how to swallow after being so sick. Her stomach lining has been abused from heavy antibiotics, so we are hoping her hunger comes back a little with great probiotics and time. She is over her double pneumonia, but still very frail and weak. Her dementia is worse, and time will tell if she will ever be able to live on her own now. Being 92 1/2 is hard!
- The kids finally got some snow without sub-zero temperatures to play in! Even the little girl that I babysit and her mommy went in the snow with Kiley! And of course hot chocolate is always a must!
- We also did some fun crafts like this snowflake craft HERE:
- and this Valentine Frozen craft HERE:
- There were three days of school cancelled due to the extreme cold, and we had a playdate on one of those days; so all-in-all, we can say that we had a fun, productive two weeks!