My oldest three girls were off at camp, my husband took my son fishing, and so it was just my youngest daughter and I one night.
I decided to do an impromptu tea party with her as I had never done one with her before. I had already decided that we were going to have tuna fish salad and then I received in the mail some Nairn crackers that I was supposed to review. So I made some Crystal Light (that is all it takes to make Kiley happy), made up the tuna salad, a little bit of egg salad for Kiley as she likes that better, got out some pretty dishes, and we were all set for our tea party. Here are some pictures of our tea party:
This was the easiest tea party ever as I whipped up my favorite recipe for Tuna Salad.
It has only 5 ingredients: tuna fish, hard boiled egg, slice of cheese, salad dressing (Miracle Whip), and a little bit of garlic salt.
For every can of tuna I use, I add another hard boiled egg and slice of cheese. I use American cheese, but you could substitute cheddar or colby cheese or any other kind of cheese that you like. We also are Miracle Whip users, but if you prefer mayonnaise, you can substitute that as well.
Directions for making the tuna salad:
- Drain out the water from the tuna; dump it in bowl.
- Chop the egg and cheese and add it to the tuna.
- Add a dash of garlic salt.
- Mix in Miracle Whip to desired consistency and taste.
We ate our tuna salad with Nairns Oat Crackers that were sent to us for an honest review. It seemed fancier to use crackers than to make sandwiches. To tell the truth, the crackers were not my favorite. They seemed dry to our taste buds. But they weren’t the worst crackers I ever ate either. The neat thing about Nairns is that they have a gluten free oat crackers that are whole grain. You can read every ingredient on the label, and there are only 25 calories per cracker. They also had a box of oat crackers that are organic. They divide the crackers into packages that hold 6 each so that way you can take out one package and the other crackers won’t go stale.
After our tuna salad and crackers and grapes, we had ice cream in little dessert goblets with some Nairns Oat Grahams. I did really like their graham crackers — especially their Gluten Free Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal C00kies. The Gluten Free Oat Grahams that we had with our ice cream were also very good and I can imagine how good they would be as S’mores!
I love to eat Tuna Fish Salad with any crackers or on croissants! It is also a wonderful lunch for hot summer afternoons. What is your favorite sandwich?
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.