This past year was my first Mother’s Day as a mother where I was not with my own mother. In years past, we would go to my mom’s house where my sister and I would prepare a meal that my mom chose and we would all be together. Since I am now in Florida (and they are in Illinois), this was no longer possible. So my husband asked my kids, “What are you going to make your mom for her Mother’s Day meal?”
He is only able to buy food or grill hamburgers or hot dogs — which I was totally fine with. As long as I didn’t have to cook, I was happy. My kids didn’t think hot dogs was an appropriate meal for Mother’s Day however. My oldest daughter asked me, “What do you want?” When I honestly told her that I didn’t care, she asked, “Well, what would you pick if your mom said she would cook for you?”
This is the recipe, Turkey Lasagna Florentine, that I thought of to answer that question.
So Saturday night before Mother’s Day, I walked her through making this recipe. I like this recipe as much or more than regular lasagna — although my kids do not. It also is not that hard to make. We prepared it on Saturday night, stuck it in the refrigerator, and then baked it on Sunday after church.
It was a special Mother’s Day. My four oldest kids all made my lunch. One made the Angel Biscuits, one made a salad, one made Scotcheroos for dessert, and then I had this lasagna. Even though the pictures are not beautiful as we were in a hurry to eat, I had to share this recipe as one of the reasons that I even put my recipes on here is so that my kids one day will be able to find all of our family’s recipes and make them for their own kids. I hope you enjoy it.
Don’t forget to enter this giveaway! Less than 2 days left to enter.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.