On Tuesday, I shared a post about how to avoid stress this holiday season.
And I’m already feeling stressed. For real.
I have to give a devotional on Friday for a ladies activity, and I hadn’t even started studying for it yet. It’s the first devotional I will have to do here in our new church, so that in itself can be a little nerve wracking. Plus there are about 5 million other things I have to do.
I was going to put the devotional together for this post– kill 2 birds with one stone. Get my devotional post together by writing the Thoughtful Thursday post. I had no great ideas as of yet, so I googled Christmas devotionals and found a site I had used a long time ago — Julia Bettencourt’s website called Creative Ladies Ministry. We used one of her ideas for a Mother’s Day luncheon a few years ago.
I loved a few of her Christmas devotionals, so I’m just going to go with one of the devotionals she has already written for our ladies activity. I also found a couple of other sites in just a few minutes that may be helpful for you if you ever have to do a ladies activity and want a devotional.
Many of these ideas you could also use for children and for family devotions.
- Creative Ladies Ministry/Julia Bettencourt — has devotionals for many different occasions as well as event themes and printables
- Christian Christmas Devotionals from Heavens Inspirations
- Christmas Devotional for a ladies meeting from Shoestring Budgets and Skeleton Crews
- The 12 Days of Christmas — would be good for family devotions
- The grinch that steals Christmas from Laced with Grace
- ‘Tis the Christmas season from The Entourages– many of these links are broken, but some still work and you may find a devotional on this website.
- Holiday devotions for women from Because of God Ministries
- Here are some Christmas devotions from Butt0n-to-God
- Youversion has a short devotional for 25 different Christmas carols plus other Christmas devotional series.
- Crosswalk has some Christmas devotionals that may be good.
- This ebook, Christmas Joy, may give you some ideas.
- You can get a free advent ebook HERE from Women Living Well that also can give you some great talking points.
Here are a couple of posts I enjoyed from last week’s party:
- 10 TIPS FOR AVOIDING HOLIDAY BURNOUT from Living Montessori Now
- Holiday Gift Guide for Your Favorite Prayer Warrior from Sarah E Koontz
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.