We had an amazing gift given to us this week–we had a friend give us four 2 pound bags of salmon fillets! Now, our family does not eat salmon normally, because that is too expensive to be included in our food budget. So I put three bags in the freezer and immediately defrosted one bag for Sunday dinner.
I love cooking fish for a great Sunday dinner after church as it cooks so fast! Combined with my freezer mashed potatoes that were in the oven warming up during church and a bag of corn, I had a relatively simple dinner!
The bag contained ten fillets, so I cooked up five for dinner and left the other five in the refrigerator. Which meant we had to eat them for dinner Monday night as I couldn’t re-freeze the salmon once it had defrosted.
I was in a quandry about what I should make. I did not want to make what I had just made the day before. I remembered seeing recipes for fish tacos, but I thought the recipes I had seen were made with white fish. I googled salmon tacos, and found this recipe.
I did not have some of the ingredients, so I improvised. My husband and I loved them! The kids turned up their noses at the tomatoes in the pan–their loss, our gain! I also cooked rice and black beans as my kids love those items. They ate them for their meal; we added them to our tacos.
So here is how I made them. The original recipe is more authentic, but I made do with what I had on hand.
If you would like to link up to 3 of your old or new recipes, please feel free to do so! I just have two requests for this linky!
- Please follow me (either by receiving emails of my posts–you can sign up over on the left sidebar, following me on facebook, or by following me on pinterest.)
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- If you would like to link this recipe up to another linky where you will get pinned, go link up to our Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party that is live right now!
- As a thank-you for linking up, I will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. If you want to, you could follow it to see great food recipes!
- If I have a real busy week and can’t post a recipe, I’ll feature some of you! By linking up, you agree to let me use your pictures and links in future feature recipe posts. Your photo may also be used for promotion on all of my social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Thanks for linking up!
You can also link up your twitter accounts to gain more followers or link up a tweet to be retweeted at the Twitter Party at The Ultimate Linky.