Some fantabulous bloggers have gone together to do a Fantabulous Fall Favorites Linky Party! The hosts of this blog hop have their posts linked up to the beginning of the linky at the bottom of this post. You can link up your own Fall posts below, and we will pin many of them to our Pintabulous Mom’s Fall Favorites Pinterest Board.
These blog hops are always so fun for me as I get to work with great bloggers and see all of their creative posts!
If you would like to be part of our group, leave me a comment or email me and I will give you the link to our Facebook group. We are planning to do our Thanksgiving blog hop on Friday, October 17 and our Christmas blog hop on Friday, November 14.
On Friday, November 14, we are also planning to include a Cash for Christmas Giveaway! If you would like to be part of the giveaway, you can go read more about it HERE. Please feel free to ask me any questions that you might have. I think it will be a lot of fun and help to get me in the spirit of giving to others! The more bloggers that join in, the bigger gifts we can give as well as more of them!
The topping totally makes it for me, but I love sweets!
I found this recipe last year on this blog, and she had found it on another blog. I modified it a little which I will share with you in the recipe!
This recipe is also terrific as it is easy! I know that crumb topping and a glaze does not sound easy! However, the coffee cake uses a cake mix, so that really simplifies the making of the cake. And we all know that pumpkin is so healthy for you, so we can say that this coffee cake is healthy. 😉
- ⅓ cups water
- 1 can pureed pumpkin (15 Oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice ( I only did about 1 teaspoon. I like pumpkin, but not an overly strong flavor!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- ½ cups flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cups heavy whipping cream (I substitute 1 Tablespoon butter combined with 3 Tablespoons milk)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the water, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined. Add the cake mix and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour and melted butter. Use your fingers to sprinkle over the top of the cake. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the glaze, combine the other 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- When cake is finished baking, poke holes in the top with a toothpick. Pour glaze over the cake, making sure to cover all surfaces. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
- I do a substitution for the heavy whipping cream as I never have any and don't to buy it for 1/4 cup!
- I read somewhere that a substitute for 1 cup whipping cream would be 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted.
- So for this recipe, I combine 1 tablespoon melted butter with 3 tablespoons milk. It turns out great!
Here are some more great pumpkin grecipes!
You can also follow our Pintabulous Mom’s Fall Pinterest Board HERE to see all the posts that are linked up below plus some other great fall posts that we find!