The past couple of weeks, my class has had fun watching caterpillars.
I bought some little caterpillars, and we have been watching them crawl around and eat. This week, they are all making their chrysalises. It has been fascinating to watch. We all check our little cups when we enter our classroom each morning, and we take a quick break to peek at them several times throughout the day.
As I was thinking about what we were spending so much time watching, I wondered, “What life lessons could I learn from what I am watching?” These are just my thoughts, and maybe you would get completely different lessons than what I got out of watching caterpillars.
7 Lessons from Watching Caterpillars:
- I bought these caterpillars in a cup, and they had been given everything they need to survive in that cup. God has placed me where He wants me to be, and He has given me everything that I need to survive – and thrive!
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 2 Peter 1:3
- When I first got them, they were very small. For the next couple of weeks, they crawled around and ate. That was their only interest: eating. My chief concern should be eating God’s Word. It should be my daily habit. I should want to get into His Word and fill my life with His nourishment.
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby. 2 Peter 2:2
- Then because I am in His Word, I will grow. These caterpillars have grown 10 times their size! It is obvious to our eyes the transformation that has taken place. Is it obvious to others that my life has undergone a transformation by Christ? Can they see that I have changed?
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2
- Now we are watching all the caterpillars make their chrysalises and just hang there. There are times in our growth, that we must come apart from our busyness and be still; to rest in Christ. We need time to meditate on what we have learned so that we can be changed.
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him. Psalm 37:7
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden , and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: andye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
- As we grow and rest in the Lord, He will change us into something beautiful just like the caterpillar will change into a beautiful butterfly.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- As we grow and depend on the Lord to change, we will be usable and reproducible. The butterfly will go lay more eggs which will become caterpiillars and eventually become butterflies. Am I bearing fruit? Are other people coming to Christ due to my life? That is the butterfly’s main purpose in life: to make more butterflies. It also should be my main focus as this was the last thing that Christ told His disciples to do:
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matthew 28:19
- And as I go on my journey, am I making a positive impact on those in my path? The butterfly will flit from flower to flower, pollinating the flowers that it touches.
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25
I hope you enjoyed these lessons from caterpillars! We have enjoyed watching and learning from them this week!
One more thing:
Crystal Paine has a new course called, “Make Over Your Evenings.”
I have the course, but I have not gone through it yet. I know I need to change my evening habits though. Today there is a special sale as it just opened for people to get the course. It’s only $7 for 4 more hours!
Here’s the breakdown:
- 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. – just $7!
- 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. – only $10!
- 5 p.m. – 12 a.m. – only $13!
- After 12 a.m. — $17
Go HERE for more information!
*affiliate links above
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.