As kids growing up, we loved my mom’s homemade cinnamon rolls.
So when my daughter asked me to make cinnamon rolls when we were up taking care of my grandma, I wanted to make the cinnamon rolls my mom would make. However, I did not want to buy a whole bunch of ingredients as my grandma does not bake anymore.
So I made them the easy way!
You need 4 ingredients for these easy cinnamon rolls:
- Rhodes Frozen Bread Rolls
And more ingredients for the frosting if you don’t want to buy a can of frosting:
- powdered sugar
- vanilla (optional)
- Thaw out 2 loaves of bread according to the directions on the back of the Rhodes bag.
- Combine two loaves together. On a floured surface, roll out to make a thin rectangle. This is the hardest part as it wants to spring back. I made it the width of my Tupperware pastry sheet by about 10″. It was about 24″ by 10-12″ when I was done.
- Spread 1 stick of soft butter (not melted) all over the rectangle of dough using a pastry brush. I spread the butter to about 1/2″ of the edge.
- Sprinkle liberally with granulated sugar and then sprinkle cinnamon all over. You want sugar to cover all of the butter. I did not measure the sugar, but add sugar liberally! If I had to guess, I would say to use at least 3/4 cup of sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Roll up the long side (the 24″ side) so that it is 24″ long still. Pinch edge of dough into the roll to seal edge.
- Cut the dough with a serated knive 1′ apart so that there are 24 rolls.
- Place rolls in a greased cake pan. You will need a 15″ x 10″ pan to hold all the rolls or a combination of a couple of smaller ones. Leave a little space between rolls so that they can rise.
- Spray plastic wrap with cooking spray and cover the cinnamon rolls. My plastic wrap did not want to stick to the pan, so I covered the wrap with a towel.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until done. (See how long the rolls take to cook on the back of the bag.)
- After the rolls cool, you can frost them. Then eat them!
Here is a picture of the cinnamon rolls before I frosted them:
Directions for frosting:
- I used about 1 pound of confectioner’s (powdered) sugar, 1 tablespoon softened butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and then gradually added a little bit of milk until I got it the consistency I wanted. Be very careful not to add too much milk or it will be too runny.
- If you want a cream cheese frosting, you can use this recipe HERE.
My mom also used to do brown sugar cinnamon rolls. I will have to make those sometime and give you that recipe too. I will take more pictures the next time I make the rolls and maybe measure more ingredients. It was a little crazy cooking at my Grandma’s house!
You can link up non-food posts or food posts to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party, and this Friday there will be a Valentine’s Day Linky Party! Come link up your Valentine’s Day posts!
Jennifer from Simple Hacks Living and Jen from The Halfway Homemaker will be the co-hosts for this party for December and January! They will help Tammy from Creative K Kids in pinning and commenting on your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.