My sister’s in-laws shared this chocolate chip recipe with her; and she shared the recipe with all of us! What a great sister!
It is now my go-to chocolate chip recipe.
- The cookies turn out great. They are never too flat.
- And they taste great, which is the most important fact that must be true about a cookie recipe!
I just took one and a half batches with me on vacation to my sister-in-law’s house, and her husband was ecstatic! He also shared some with his co-workers, and he said they were gone within a few seconds :). We had to make some more while we were there, which was a perfect activity as we had snow (in March, in Virginia, on spring break!) Oh, well. At least we had chocolate chip cookies!
Have fun making cookies! You’ll have even more fun eating them!
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Cream together the butter and shortening.
- Add and cream the sugar with the butter and shortening.
- Add and mix the eggs and vanilla.
- Add and mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes
If you would like to link up to 3 of your old or new recipes, please feel free to do so! I just have two requests for this linky!
- Please follow me (either by receiving emails of my posts–you can sign up over on the left sidebar, following me on facebook, or by following me on pinterest.)
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- If you would like to link this recipe up to another linky where you will get pinned–and you have the chance of being a co-host, go link up to our Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party that is live right now!
- As a thank-you for linking up, I will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. If you want to, you could follow it to see great food recipes!
- If I have a real busy week and can’t post a recipe, I’ll feature some of you! By linking up, you agree to let me use your pictures and links in future feature recipe posts. Your photo may also be used for promotion on all of my social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Thanks for linking up!
You can also link up your twitter accounts to gain more followers or link up a tweet to be retweeted at the Twitter Party at The Ultimate Linky.