It’s been a while since I did a thankful thought!
- I’m thankful that my sister and parents live close because I have built in babysitters for a pastor’s retreat my husband and I will go on for the next couple of days.
- I guess I should be thankful that my kids don’t want us to leave. I thought they would be excited about having Aunt stay with them and going to their grandparent’s house, but you never can tell. I know they will have a good time tomorrow and Friday.
- I am thankful for a man in our church who took our family pictures. Taking family pictures is not his specialty and trying to deal with 2 squirmy little ones, get us all to smile, consider the light . . . let me tell you, he was a blessing from God. I will share more pictures at a later date, but here was one of them.
Thoughts on what I am reading:
I just started reading Child Training Tips: What I Wish I knew When My Children Were Young by Reb Bradley. I am into only the first chapter and am so convicted about how I need to spend more time “training” my children and not just raising them.
And another thought . . . I need to go to bed to get some sleep as I have a cold and have a extremely busy weekend!
I’ll try to add another verse next week!
- Here is a great post from Homeschool -Your-Boys last week posing the question, “Do Your Words Inspire or Demoralize Your Children?” I so relate with this post as I need to work on my tongue and be more encouraging.
- And I enjoyed reading this post by Little Blog on the Homestead about 27 random acts of kindness we can do!
Here are the rules for this linky:
*homemaking*homeschooling*devotional or Biblical posts*Christian in nature*family/marriage*inspirational*
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.