These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are ones that I often take to a shower or dessert fellowship.
With the solid brown frosting underneath and white frosting drizzled on top, they are very elegant when cut into small squares. The two layers of frosting also make it a sweet bar, so small squares are the perfect size to provide many bars for a crowd.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2-3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 teaspoons milk
- Cream together shortening, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Add egg and 1/4 c. milk.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt
- Stir in rolled oats.
- Spread in greased 13 x 9" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool.
- Combine 2 c. powdered sugar and 1/4 c. cocoa powder.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons margarine, 2-3 tablespoons boiling water, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread over cooled bars.
- Heat 2 tablespoons margarine. Add 1 cup powdered sugar and 3-4 teaspoons milk.
- Drizzle over frosting.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.