Christmas is my favorite time of the year to do baking.
I have shared 10 of my favorite recipes in the past HERE. Chocolate Crackles is another cookie that I make almost every Christmas. It is a recipe that my mother also made every year at Christmas.
I love how this dough has melted chocolate chips in it to give the cookies a rich chocolate taste. After you mix all the ingredients together, the dough needs to get cold before you try to make balls out of it.
My kids love to roll the dough in the powdered sugar before baking. I took pictures of making these cookies a few years ago, and I love to see the pictures of my kids when they were younger.
After the cookies cool, cover them in powdered sugar again. They look so beautiful! I will freeze these cookies. If I freeze the cookies, I will not cover them in powdered sugar the second time until after I take them out of the freezer.
Have fun making these cookies and getting ready for Christmas!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate.
- Combine with sugar and oil.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat well.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Chill dough.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough in powdered sugar. Roll to coat. Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.