Some fantabulous bloggers have gone together to do a Fantabulous Fall Favorites Linky Party!
For my October party in Kindergarten last year, I did this fun fall tree using popcorn.
Materials you need:
- colored popcorn
- paper tree (printable template below)
- brown crayon
- Elmer’s liquid glue
Preparations for the craft:
- Color the popcorn:
In the post I found the idea, they had colored their popcorn using dry tempera paint. I looked for Hobby Lobby, but they did not have it, so I melted butter and put food coloring in the butter. When I put the colored butter on the popcorn and shook up the popcorn, I then had colored popcorn. I did some green, yellow, dark red and orange popcorn. Below the green and yellow popcorn is one bowl and the red and orange popcorn is in another bowl. Using tempera paint may have made the popcorn more vivid colors, but I liked that my kindergarten class could eat the popcorn safely while they did the craft. Put the popcorn in bowls within easy reach of those doing the craft.
- Click here to print the tree below. Print on 8″ x 10″ cardstock:
- Put glue in small containers that they can dip the popcorn in. (I used empty plastic baby food containers.)
How to make the craft:
- Have the children color the trunk of the tree using a brown crayon.
- They dip one side of the popcorn in glue and then place the popcorn on the tree. Their needs to be sufficient glue for the popcorn to stick to the paper.
- Let the craft dry.
This is such a fun craft, and the children love to eat the popcorn while they make the craft!
Go see these amazing posts from the bloggers that have hosted this Fantabulous Fall Favorites Party:
- Creative K Kids: Fall Popcorn Craft with free printable
- Snapshots and Snippets: 5 Fall Soups to Warm You Up
- Creative Simplicity By Trish Sutton: Simple Two Minute Pumpkin Mug Cake
- My Life Abundant: Fall Printables
- Maria Magdalena Living Ideas: Orange Chocolate Pudding with Pineapple Filling
You can also follow our Pintabulous Mom’s Fall Pinterest Board HERE to see all the posts that are linked up below plus some other great fall posts that we find!