This recipe for Caramel-Topped Pecan Cheese Pie is an easy pie that I often make for Thanksgiving or for Easter.
I originally clipped this recipe out of a coupon insert in the Sunday morning paper a long time ago. I think it was a Philadelphia cream cheese recipe, but I don’t know where to attribute the recipe to exactly.
Our family enjoys cheesecake; but the heavy, rich ones are just too much for most of us. I love this pie because it gives us the taste of cheesecake, but it is much lighter. And of course, anything with caramel is plus!!
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 1 cup pecan halves, divided (optional--I don't put on the pecans usually. If I do, it is just a few as a garnish.)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping (I use Aldis!)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended.
- Add eggs; mix just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Arrange pecans around edge of pie. (optional)
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving.
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- Mix graham crumbs, sugar, and margarine; press firmly in 9-inch pie plate. Then do the pie directions.
This month, Anna from Family Living on a Budget and Sydney from Tastefully Frugal are the co-hosts of this party!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.