Last week, I shared some of my favorite desserts that I make every year usually just at Christmas time. One of the desserts that I make every year but I had not posted yet is this recipe of Caramel Brownies.
I LOVE caramel. I think that is very evident with my recipes of Caramel Topped Pecan Cream Cheese Pie, Chocolate Caramel Cookies, Apple Caramel Dip, and Caramel Corn. This is another caramel recipe that is just awesome. They are rather sweet, which is just fine by me. I make up two pans of these scrumptious treats, cut them into squares after they cool, and freeze them to be used later with all of our other goodies when we pass them out.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided (if desired-- I leave out.)
- 1 package (14 oz.) caramels
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs, and milk.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Spoon 2/3 of the batter into a greased 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, heat the caramels and condensed milk over low heat until caramels are melted. Pour over baked brownie layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over caramel layer; carefully swirl brownie batter with a knife.
- Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
You can also link up any cookie recipes you have to our Online Christmas Cookie Exchange!
Jennifer from Simple Hacks Living and Jen from The Halfway Homemaker will be the co-hosts for this party for December and January! They will help Tammy from Creative K Kids in pinning and commenting on your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party!
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.