Thank you so much for stopping by, visiting our blog, and learning more about us!
We are the Creative K Kids! My husband and I have 4 girls whose names all start with the letter K. The girls and I like to do crafts and cook together, so we thought we would call ourselves the Creative K Kids. There is also one boy thrown into the mix who also cooks and does many of the crafts as well. We are very thankful for all of our children.
I am Tammy, the mommy of the Creative K Kids, and the main writer of the blog. My husband of 14 years is my biggest supporter and the love of my life. I am so thankful for him.
We started the blog back in March of 2013 due to the encouragement of my oldest daughter and my sister. My daughter likes to write and thought it would be fun for us to do a blog. My sister lives overseas and wanted us to start a blog to stay in touch with her.
We had no idea what we were doing even though I read and researched a little before starting the blog. My daughter started writing book reviews; I started doing everything else. After time, my daughter’s interest in writing for the blog waned as I had predicted, but I was starting to love writing more and more! I could see much value in continuing the blog. So I figured, if I am going to do it, why not do the best blog I can do–as long as I do not jeopardize my commitment to my God and my family. Oh, that is a hard thing to do sometimes as a blog can take a lot of time!
So we have have morphed, and changed, and grown–hopefully all for the better. We are not doing everything we started out doing, but we are settling more into our niche and discovering more what we are cut out to do. Right now, this is what our blog looks like (most of the time :)).
- On Mondays, Misty from Denverista and I host the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. We pin every post and along with the co-hosts, feature many posts.
- I love to cook, and it seems like I am cooking all the time with 5 children! I was born into a heritage of women who can cook delicious and homemade recipes. Every Tuesday, I share a recipe for Tasty Tuesdays. You can find my recipes on my menu bar under Recipes or Freezer Recipes. There is also a food linky attached where you can link up your posts or look for some great recipes.
- On Wednesdays, I do any Sponsored Posts that come my way! Please email me at creativekkids@creativekkids (dot) com or contact me here if you would like me to consider doing a sponsored post for you.
- On Thursdays, I write about my thoughts ranging from my Thankful Thoughts to thoughts on what I am reading. It is my hope that they will inspire and encourage others. Three other Christian bloggers also host a Thoughtful Thursdays linky party with me.
- On the last Friday of every month, I do a post that is a recap of my goals. Many other bloggers have gone in with me in doing their posts so that we can all encourage each other. Let me know if you would like to be in this blogging group!
- About once a month on Fridays, a group of bloggers also go in with me to do a holiday blog hop where we include a linky for other posts that are written about the same topic. We have group Pinterest boards, and you can find our posts along with others for those holidays on these boards:
- My family and friends that know me look forward to my Scattered Saturday posts. I do a bi-weekly review of our activities that includes many pictures. I do this to stay in touch with my scattered family, especially my sister overseas who has her own awesome blog to stay in touch with us. (It is also jam-packed full of homeschooling curriculum comparisons and insight on living as a missionary in South Africa.) I also do it to preserve the memories of what our family is doing together. My desire is that my children will be able to come back at a later time and read these posts and remember all the fun and togetherness they had and know that they have a family that loves them very much.
- I have also started to make some printables that our family can use. I am thankful that other people can get some use out of them too!
So that is what Creative K Kids is about! When we started the blog, I was doing Make-it Mondays (you can find my craft posts under Crafts on the Menu bar), Wordy Wednesdays, and Thrifty Thursdays. I do not do those on a weekly basis anymore; however, if we make a craft together, I will still post about it. I have my Pinterest boards full of things I want to do–when I get the time! If I have a thrifty fun activity for children, of course I will share it!
Thank you for coming by and learning about us! We pray that we can be a help to you and that you will enjoy reading our blog. You can sign up for emails where all my blog posts will be delivered to your inbox, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+.
One of my favorite verses that I pray will be representative of this blog:
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.